29 March 2011

Fabulous, Tasty Salad Dressing!

I've decided to share my treasured secret for the most tasty salad dressing ever. OK, it's not really that impressive, but I like it, Heidi and Piper like it and my mother likes it. I first came up with it when I suddenly ran out of Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing, which has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I tried to replicate it using some of the ingredients he listed (those I had on hand) and this is what I came up with! So if you feel compelled, please try it :)

First, I take an extra light Olive Oil and using my handy squeeze bottle, I squeeze a steady stream back and forth over the salad across it and back again (confusing? maybe.) Essentially, I squeeze enough to cover the salad.





Then, I take my red wine vinegar, and sprinkle it over the salad, but not as much as the olive oil because it can become quite strong. (Of course, any of the ingredients can be adjusted after a taste.)




 Then I sprinkle my Bragg's all over the salad in a similar manner, also being careful not to over do it because I don't want it to be too salty. There is a perfect balance that comes with just the right amount of vinegar and Bragg's that gives this the most perfect taste.

At this point, I ad-lib. For this salad, I chose to sprinkle onion powder and Mrs. Dash's Garlic and Herb blend (slobber slobber).




Sometimes, I'll also sprinkle dried parsley in addition to the above seasonings, or use any combination of the three. It's totally up to you and what you feel like having at the time. Here is the finished product, though you can't really tell how delicious it is/was.

2 comments: