07 April 2012

The Gratitude Post

I'm writing a weekly post to express gratitude for everything I have been blessed with in my life. Will you join me in sharing just five things you are grateful for this week?

This week I'm grateful for:

Easter break!: Even though the semester is almost over and I have so much to do with my students and not nearly enough time, I'm reasonably glad that I have two extra days off for break than originally planned.

Tired kids: A couple nights this week H & P were so tired they fell asleep within 10 minutes of their heads hitting the pillow. Granted, extreme tiredness is not always a good thing, but its incredibly helpful at the end of a long day when I need to get things done. Mostly though, when they're really that tired at the end of the day, I know that they had a lot of fun and got a lot of exercise.

My camera: Still love it, even though I don't use it as much as I'd like.

Peanut Butter: I love peanut butter. I eat it every day. It makes my cinnamon raisin anything taste better.

No alarm clock: OK, even though my break is technically about a week long, I only get to turn off my alarm for three of those days. However, I relish those days. Even if children still wake up at the "normal" time without an alarm...

4 comments:

  1. Ah, so glad you're finally getting a break, A-met! Hooray for no alarm clock days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if those alarm-free days include child-sized alarms that still get up at the same time an alarm usually goes off even though they don't when the alarm is actually going off.......:)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I know what you mean about the alarm vs. no alarm. I've been so spoiled and now that nursery school has started... It's just different without the hope of a random, magical day where the kid keeps sleeping.
    And it's funny about peanut butter... I keep meeting women who have a deep and abiding love of the stuff. Unfortunately, I only like it with lots of sugar and chocolate.
    I had so much fun doing my post this week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete