17 September 2011

The Gratitude Post

I'm writing a weekly post to express gratitude for everything I have been blessed with in my life. Will you join me in sharing just five things you are grateful for this week?

This week I'm grateful for:

Amazing Moments: I had the opportunity last week to watch my children dancing to the sound of my 89-year-old great uncle playing his harmonica. In the time that we spent with him and my mother's cousin, both Heidi and Piper learned their names and called and asked for them all the time. My great uncle said on many occasions that having us (particularly them) there to visit made him so happy and brightened his life. I am so grateful they got to meet, though am disappointed I did not get any pictures of them (though my cousin did). As she said, it really is good for both generations: the old to be with the young and the young to respect the old. All in all, it was amazing.

Constant Reminders: Last week I drove on roads soiled with dirt. River dirt. Because only a day or two before, those roads had been submerged in water. Wow. How powerful of an image is that? This hit me intensely as a reminder that man is no match for nature, period. It is so easy to forget to live in awe of this planet. Don't.

My pantry: I am ever grateful for the items I keep "in stock" at all times because when money isn't available, I can draw from those resources and still eat good meals.

My phone: Once again, I thank my phone for it's existence. My computer won't turn on right now (at all) so I am forced to finish this list on a tiny keyboard and screen. I'm glad it's here though, lest you think I'm ungrateful this week :).

Vinegar and Baking Soda:My best friends. I love them. They serve me well. That is all.

6 comments:

  1. Your amazing moment sounds like such a special family moment!

    I'm totally with you on the vinegar and baking soda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for the kindness of strangers. No joke, this has helped me more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list again this week. I like how you've got the large issues and the small items in your gratitude. I'm grateful that you are doing this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :)

    The awesomeness of the strangers you have met, Autumn, is incredible! You are absolutely in the right place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this list Amanda. I am with my Grandparents at the moment and the bond of young and old is incredible to watch.

    I'm really looking forward to putting 'my phone' on my weekly gratitude list as I lost mine a few weeks ago :-)

    I need more tips on using vinegar and baking soda!

    onelove

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful, Terri! Truly a great experience to have. I look forward to you getting your phone back too!

    I've been using vinegar and baking soda to clean my rug, lately. Hahaha :) Sprinkle some baking soda, spray vinegar on it, rub it in, let dry, then vacuum! :)

    ReplyDelete