|On the beach in New Haven, CT|
I was inspired by my Versatile Blogger Award to write a bit more about myself (if you'd like to know) for this momentous post. So here are a few other random facts about me.
- Currently, my favorite word is 'Ahem.' I have also been known to use "Bam!" quite frequently and no, I didn't steal it from Emeril; He took it from me.
|My college graduation.|
- I have a Bachelor's degree in Clinical Psychology with a minor in Writing ( I still regret not double-majoring in Psych and English) and a Master of Arts degree in Community Psychology with a concentration in Program Development. I have not done anything with it because I chose to spend time with my child(ren) instead of pursuing a full-time job.
- There are a lot of things I don't like: cheese (except on pizza, chicken parm, macaroni and cheese and sometimes mozzarella sticks - basically I only like mozzarella cheese and only if it's melted :) ), zucchini (except zucchini bread), any other squash thing (except pumpkin pie), eggplant (except I recently forced myself to like eggplant parm), lima beans, avocado, chick peas, cottage cheese, plantains, coconut (but I am using coconut oil!), rye, pumpernickel...this makes it difficult for me to be a full vegetarian :)
- Contrary to my own palate, I strive to give my children the foods I don't like because I do not want them to have the same pickiness that I do. I'm pretty passionate about it.
- I love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Like mad. If they were people, I'd marry them. Well, one or the other, whichever became a person first.
|At the Holocaust Memorial in Boston.|
- I have been to Canada, Australia, Panama, Puerto Rico, Haiti, St. Martin, and St. Thomas (the last four on a cruise). I have longed to go on a cruise ever since because I think it was the most amazing thing ever (even though I was terribly sea sick the first day) and I can't wait to go on another one.
- I've been to Disney World three times (never Disney Land) and I am so antsy to take Heidi and Piper, but I refuse to take them before they're old enough to remember.
- I love rain. I mean, I really, really love it. When it rains, I feel like I've been energized and I often get the inspiration or bursts of energy I need to do things I've been putting off. When I was younger, and even now, I used to imagine the rain as being cleansing to my body as I stood out in it, as if the Earth herself was rejuvenating me. It's for this reason, and this reason only, that I always thought about moving to Washington. Now I know a bunch of people in that direction so if I had the opportunity, I might take it. Ahem.
- I started school in one school district, moved to a different one, and finally ended in the same district I started in. Totally unplanned.
|Steve took this picture.|
- I love books like I love breathing. If I could, I would probably read for most of the day every day. Some of my favorite books are Wicked, The Tao of Pooh, Man's Search for Meaning, Night and The Stranger. There are a lot of others though.
Well, I think that's enough for now, wouldn't you say so? Maybe I'll magically become more exciting in the coming months and have some new facts for you. Ahem.