I'm writing a weekly post to express gratitude for everything I have been blessed with in my life. Will you join me in sharing just five things you are grateful for this week?
This week I'm grateful for:
1. Friends: You can't go wrong having real friends. I have a few (real life) real friends that always come through for me no matter what. I am so grateful to them, yet feel I've never expressed that gratitude enough. I hope to do that effectively in the future.
2. Rocking Chairs: The other night, Piper was upset to the point where it was keeping her from sleep, despite having all other needs met. Since I haven't utilized the rocking chair in a while, I decided to rock her in it to see if she'd fall asleep. Sure enough, the magic still worked. If you have a child, you MUST have a rocking chair. Period.
3. A full fridge: My mother came to visit this week and brought a ton of food with her. This was after I had gone shopping a few days prior, so my fridge was awesomely full. I just love a full fridge.
4. Christmas stuff: Sure, it's early, but Heidi and Piper love looking at the Christmas stuff in the store! I love watching them look at everything because they are just now starting to actually care about it (as opposed to previous years). I hope I can make their childhood as magical as mine was.
5. The playground: I have mentioned before that we have a small, fenced-in playground very close to our townhouse that I take H & P to frequently. Since the weather has been unusually nice, I've been taking them almost every day so they can take advantage of the time outside. I am incredibly grateful to have this playground so close and even more grateful that it's surrounded by a tall fence!