30 July 2011

The Gratitude Post

I'm writing a weekly post to express gratitude for everything I have been blessed with in my life. Will you join me in sharing just five things you are grateful for this week?

This week I'm thankful for:

Holding a Newborn: There is nothing like it. When you take that tiny form into your arms, you are instantly reminded of your own children in that infant state and how awesome it was to know that you had a part in creating this little life. Even though this newborn wasn't mine, I still felt that amazing sense of peace that comes from a child so close to perfection.

Abundance: I learned this week that the farmers I have been getting my salad from for the past month only have one acre of land. One acre! And each week they bring in a huge tub full of heads of lettuce, baskets of squashes, cucumbers, green beans, onions, potatoes and garlic. Imagine what we could all do with just one acre! We could literally feed our families. Abundance is everywhere.

Embroidery Thread: Why am I thankful for embroidery thread? Because it's driving me crazy. And what better way to rid myself of the annoyance I feel than to turn those emotions into gratitude. I'm very thankful that I have embroidery thread to use with my felt. Blargh.

Google Adsense: I got my first "pay check" from Google's ads on my blog! I have not planned on using this blog to make a tremendous source of income, but having some money come in from it that can be used for food or gas is such a gift, especially now at the end of the month after I used my last $23 at the farmers market (I had to buy more berries so my children could stuff their faces).

Myself: I know this might sound a little weird, but I'm grateful for myself. Sometimes (and I do mean sometimes) I do some great things. Sometimes I handle situations really well and sometimes I plan things perfectly. Even though I make mistakes, I am always glad that I'm me. I like who I am and I wouldn't change anything (aside from all those things I'm trying to make better, of course).


3 comments:

  1. I'm always thankful for you! Oh how I miss holding a newborn. There is just something so fantastic about the immediate sense of protection and awe that overcomes you when you hold a brand new baby. They rely so completely on you for support and yet they are still their own little person. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh! I wanna hold a newborn!!!! All in good time, of course... ;-)

    Btw, congratz on the paycheck! Send me some... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention all the little newborn noises and their cute little movements... :) She was wide awake and staring at me too :)

    Yeah, Kirsten, I'd send you some aside from the fact that I used it all to buy food and gas :) Maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete