23 July 2011

The Gratitude Post

I'm writing a weekly post to express gratitude for everything I have been blessed with in my life. Will you join me in sharing just five things you are grateful for this week?

This week I'm thankful for:

Lauren from Hobo Mama and Rachael from The Variegated Life: These two wonderful individuals shared my post 'No She Can't Count to Ten' and as a result, it has taken over the #3 spot of most popular posts on my blog. I am pleased with this development since the previous #3 was a giveaway post and though it was enjoyable, it does not fully represent who I am and what I care most for (although I do love me some felt food!). At any rate, I am extremely grateful to have appeared on such high class blogs as these. This was one of the biggest compliments I've received in a long time and I really feel honored.

Air Conditioning: Have I mentioned this before? :) Today, the Weather Channel on my phone said it was 104 degrees but it 'felt like' 117. I'm not sure when I moved to the Sahara, but I'm sure glad that we have Air Conditioning!

Farmers: When I went to the farmers market on Thursday, one of the farmers said, "You've been back every week!" and I replied, "Well, I know how hard it must be for you in this weather, so I just want to support." As hard as it is for me and my children to handle this weather, it is twice as hard for the farmer who is watching his livelihood die and wither while he can do virtually nothing to stop it. I am so thankful for all the work that these people put in to grow the food that I eat that I will go out in 100 degree weather to buy it from them. As long as it takes.

The Grill: I have never been good on the grill and by that I mean I have never really used a grill. Ever. But, this week, I was inspired by the extreme heat to use my oven as little as possible and I got to know the grill a little better. I cooked on it three times, by myself and I look forward to using it more in the future. (Even though it scares me a little.)

Friends I've Never Met: Yes, it is possible to have friends that you've never met in person because you are so separated by physical boundaries that this meeting is not yet possible. Even though I stay up later than I should to talk to them, it's *usually* worth it for me to be able to interact with like-minded adults, speak about adult things and remember that I am still a person and not a host of other things that I can't even name right now because I'm so tired.


6 comments:

  1. I love your comment about the farmer's market. I was going to skip it this week due to the heat, but you have put it all in perspective for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that story about the Farmer's Market! :)

    I am grilling in the rain right now. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Hey, you can grill any time, any where! No excuses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe air conditioning hasn't made my lists yet. It will, oh yes, it will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish there was air conditioning at the farmer's market! Then, I'd be really thankful... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Air conditioning is one of the greatest inventions ever.

    I wish there was air conditioning at the farmers market too! It would be pretty hard though since it's outside under tents...... :)

    ReplyDelete