14 July 2011

Cilantro Lime Noodles with Shrimp and Snow Peas

I made this recipe last week and was fairly pleased with how it came out. I'm not a huge snow pea fan, so I did not use them, nor did I use cilantro because again...not a fan, but you might be! In place of those things I used green peppers and parsley, but I did everything else the way the recipe calls for.

8 ounces angel hair or vermicelli rice noodles
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1 pound cooked shrimp (21-25 count) peeled and deveined
2 limes, zest and juice
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 1 cup packed)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste


Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.

Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the snow peas, carrots, and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, lime zest and juice, rice wine vinegar and cayenne pepper and saute another 3 minutes until heated through. Remove from heat; toss with baby spinach, cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil and cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper and serve with extra lime wedges.


I loved how the cayenne gave this recipe a nice kick and the lime made it taste so fresh. Heidi and Piper seemed to enjoy it a great deal as well, so I might be willing to make it again. Plus it was incredibly easy and quick, especially if you do all of your chopping ahead of time. Definitely something for you to try!

4 comments:

  1. mmm I may have to try that out someday. Really like that it has baby spinach in it, one of my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should! I actually made another stir fry and used lime and cayenne because I enjoyed the taste so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! I'm going to try thus sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete