25 March 2011

It Could Have Been Worse



No, that's not blood. It was ketchup.



I've decided to run a weekly post under this title detailing incidents I found to be unfortunate, problematic or distasteful, yet clearly not the worst they could have been. In this case, as I said, this was ketchup and not blood. It cleaned easily from the wall (fairly) and I moved on with my life. It could have been a lot worse.

My reasoning for this series is simple. In the moment, we often find things to be catastrophic and later look back and realize these situations weren't so bad, wishing we had done something different at the time. This is your chance to turn those situations around and realize that it could always be worse. In this moment above, I watched in horror as Heidi, with ketchup all over her hands, walked over and touched the wall. I stared for a moment, shrugged and went to get a wipe to clean her. Had I overreacted, the situation could have been much worse. 

I'm asking anyone who feels so inclined to 'link up' to this and future posts with your 'Could Have Been Worse' stories. It doesn't have to be a picture and it doesn't have to be a long post, just long enough to help all of us to get some perspective on what we consider 'problems' in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment