08 October 2011

The Gratitude Post

I'm writing a weekly post to express gratitude for everything I have been blessed with in my life. Will you join me in sharing just five things you are grateful for this week?

This week I'm grateful for:

NPN get together: Several of us Natural Parents Network volunteers decided to get together in the midwest this weekend, which is awesome! Look for more about it soon!

Elderberry pills: My mother gave me elderberry capsules a while ago and I'm now starting to use them, particularly with this trip looming ahead of me. I love boosting my immune system naturally and these are a really great way to do it.

Tea: Mmmm. I love tea. Heidi and Piper have started to enjoy it as much as I do since I've been drinking it much more often (like, all day). I cannot find enough words to express my love for peppermint tea and its smooth taste. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Seeing the sunrise and the sunset: Most people, I would venture to guess, usually only see the sunset on a daily basis. Thanks to driving all night long to reach Missouri for this fabulous get together, I had the pleasure of seeing both. Amazing.

Sleep: Not having had very much in the past two days, I am greatly looking forward to getting as much as possible tonight. No matter how much it is, I am grateful to it so that I might have the energy to go about the rest of the weekend in a reasonably pleasant manner.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you again for this weekly practice. I am looking forward to hearing about the NPN get together. Those are some of my favorite bloggy people. Sleep! How did I forget about sleep! I'll have to include that in an upcoming gratitude post, as well. Love sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I'm not too late! I love this idea... I'm so glad you're sharing it.
    My sister was just telling me about Elderberry... funny that I didn't really have a sense of it before.
    I think it's so nice that some of you NPN volunteers get to see each other.
    I could totally get into a get together with blog world friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could join the rest of you this weekend. Have a wonderful time, Amanda! I'll just be waiting for the photos, and maybe a little G+ action?

    Thanks again for spreading the gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great weekend!!! Hope you get some good sleep, too. Sunrises are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone!

    Teresa I had no clue about Elderberry up until a year or so ago...it's a well kept secret! Some day we will have a magical transporter so we can all get together with whomever we want instantly and not have to worry about silly things like distance keeping us from great friends.

    Melissa we'll be on the computer! We just have to leave immediately after (or during) so we can get Shannon home in time to relax for 5 seconds before going to work on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete